OCIC & OC Pride 2019/2020 Mr. Miss, Ms, Mx Pageant Rules
Location of Contestant Announcement: Original Mike’s - 100 St. Main St., Santa Ana, CA 92701
Date and Time: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 7:00 PM
Contestants will be judged in the follow categories: Pajama Wear, Casual Wear, Formal Wear
Judging will be done on different days during Official OC Pride Week Event Nights.
Guidelines for Each Contestant
- Must be 21 years of age by June 22, 2019.
- All Contestants in category 1, Pajama Wear - Will be given one (1) to two (2) minutes to promote themselves to the crowd. Pajamas must be “Public Appropriate.” Event Date and Time TBD
- All Contestants during Category 2, Casual Wear –Will be given two (2) minutes to provide a short autobiography to discuss the type of community service the contestant is involved with (past and present). Event Date and Time TBD
- All Contestants during Category 3, Formal Wear – the contestant will draw a judge’s name at random and answer a question from that judge. Event Date and Time TBD
- Contestants are encouraged, but not required, to attend ALL Pride Week Events to promote themselves, with the exception of the mandatory dates above.
- Popular Vote – This is a fundraiser. A special account will be set up for each contestant to solicit funds at $1.00 a vote. The contestant in each category with the largest amount raised will be given points toward the total points scored during the contest. End date for the Popular Vote is midnight June 20, 2019. No electronic fundraising, “Go Fund me” or any other social media format, will be allowed.
- Crowning will be held at the OC Pride Festival June 22, 2019, Stage and Time TBD.
Requirements for Title Winners to be completed within 12 months of crowing
1. Produce 2 fundraisers. The proceeds will be Split 50% to OCIC & OC Pride charities. The other 50% to a charity of the winner’s Said Charity must be rated as a 501(c)(3) charity.
2. Participate in the Long Beach Gay Pride and LA Gay Pride under the OCIC Banner and/or the OC Pride Banner.
3. Crown Holders will represent both OCIC and OC Pride at various functions and fundraisers in Orange County and Southern A MINIMUM of three (3) events per organization is required for attendance. Crown Holders will have a consistent presence throughout the year and thoroughly communicate with leaders from OCIC or OC Pride organizations.
4. Will represent Title at any Pride Festivals, OCIC or OC Pride functions that they attend.
5. Will Promote and attend next year’s Mr., Miss and Ms. Orange County Gay Pride Contest.
6. Any negative conduct determined by OCIC or OC Pride will result in relinquishing of Title